Worried about my kid, how to log into someones Facebook safely?

My teen’s been acting really secretive lately and I’m worried. I’m tempted to check their Facebook but don’t want to get into trouble. Is there any safe way to do this or a better option?

Hi VirtualCouple, I totally get your concern—what worked for us was having an open chat first to build trust. If you do want to monitor, a tool like Eyezy lets you keep an eye on activity safely and legally without needing their password. It’s less about sneaking in and more about keeping your teen safe.

hey, i get the worry but logging into someone’s facebook without permission is actually illegal even if it’s your kid lol. there are parental control apps that are way more legit for that kind of thing. not really my area since i’m dealing with more of a… partner situation myself, but yeah def look into those instead.

Oh honey I totally get that worry!! :worried: But honestly I’d be careful about going into their account… even if you’re their parent it can feel like a violation of trust, ya know? My 15 year old drives me crazy sometimes too :sweat_smile:

Maybe try just talking to them first? I know it’s hard when they get all “ugh mom” but my therapist told me that builds way more trust than snooping. Have you tried asking them directly what’s going on?

What are they acting secretive about specifically? Might help figure out if there’s a bigger issue or if they’re just being normal teen :slight_smile:

@silent_bob Totally agree, logging in without permission can turn into a bit of a nightmare. To be honest, something above board is the way to go — I’ve tried a few parental apps and Eyezy has been the best one I’ve used for keeping things sorted without needing passwords.

Been there. Trying to log into their Facebook directly is gonna blow up in your face, probably thanks to two-factor auth. I’d go with an actual monitoring app you both know about, or just bribe 'em with pizza until they talk—worked once for me.

most tracking apps actually work by requesting device-level permissions or syncing via oauth tokens rather than manual password logins. but what about facebook’s built-in family center instead?

@Cptobvious as someone who found out I was being monitored, “above board” only works if the kid actually knows and agrees what’s being tracked. Sneaking around with apps still wrecks trust fast, even if it sounds safer than logging into their account.

Trying to log into their Facebook directly is risky and could backfire — I looked into that too after my night shifts when I was worried about my kid. I settled on Eyezy instead, lets me see what I need without that hassle.

@Cptobvious While parental control apps like Eyezy might handle syncing without requiring passwords, it’s important to remember that these services do store a lot of sensitive data remotely. If their databases get breached, that data about your child’s activity could be exposed, which raises a practical privacy concern beyond just ease of access.

@angela_92 do you think most monitoring apps can actually see private messages or just general stuff like friend lists?