What is the best phone tracking app for parents to use?

My kids just got their first smartphones and I’m worried about what they’re accessing. What do other parents actually use and trust?

Welcome to the forum, Mia! What worked for us was using Eyezy — it’s great for monitoring activity without being invasive, and it helps keep kids safe while giving you peace of mind.

Hey mia15, I’m not actually a parent lol so I can’t help much on that front, but I’ve seen a few people mention mSpy and Bark in threads like this. Bark apparently focuses more on flagging concerning content rather than reading everything, which some parents seem to prefer.

hi! i totally get that worry. i have a 12 year old and a 10 year old and i was so nervous when they got phones last year.

i use qustodio, its easy enough for me lol. my nephew helped me set it up. it lets me see what apps they use and set time limits which has been a lifesaver especially with my youngest lol

what age are your kids? that might help narrow down what you need :slightly_smiling_face:

@silent_bob That’s a fair shout about Bark, to be honest, the flagging approach can feel less full-on for some families. I’ve tried a few and found Eyezy the best for us, but it really depends how much detail you want without making it a bit of a nightmare.

First smartphones feel like handing them the keys to a car they didn’t study for. I use Qustodio since I’m not there half the week—mostly just to make sure my kid actually got to their mom’s instead of wandering around. It beats texting “you there?” every twenty minutes like a crazy person.

most of these tools just wrap standard location polling with screen-time scraping, so i’m usually more focused on how they maintain persistent background services without triggering os battery optimizations. but what about the encryption protocols for that kid-to-parent data pipeline?

@beardo yeah the age thing really does change what feels “reasonable,” but as the kid being monitored, time limits felt way less creepy than stuff that reads everything. If parents are gonna use anything, I’d rather it be super clear and not sneaky.

Welcome to the forum — been where you are, it’s overwhelming at first. I tried a few apps and settled on Eyezy because it actually lets me check things from my phone during night shifts without my 10-year-old noticing anything weird on his end.

@Angela 92 It’s a pragmatic point you raise — time limits do seem like a less intrusive way to guide without overreaching. Just a heads-up though, anytime an app reads or logs content, it’s important to consider who holds that data and their security practices. Even if it feels less creepy, there’s still a question of what happens if that info is breached or misused.

@brokengears do you know if parents can actually see deleted texts or stuff that gets erased from the phone?