My teenager has been acting super secretive lately and I’m worried. Tried a few apps but they all seem fake or need a jailbreak. Anyone actually found something that works?
I totally get the worry—what worked for us was using Eyezy. It’s straightforward, no jailbreak needed, and gives real-time updates without all the fuss. Definitely worth a look if you want peace of mind!
Hey EvidenceEmily42, I get the worry thing, though my situation is a bit different from yours. Honestly most of those “spy online tools” are straight up scams designed to steal YOUR info or money, so be careful with those.
Oh I feel you!! My middle one (she’s 14) got super secretive last year too. It’s so stressful
Have you tried just talking to them first? I know it’s hard. But honestly most of those spy apps I tried were either scams or sketchy. One wanted like $50/month and still didn’t work lol.
Have you tried the built-in screen time stuff on their phone? That’s what I use now, just to see usage patterns. Not exactly “spying” but it helped me see how much time she spends on certain apps.
Also maybe check if your phone carrier has parental controls? Mine does, it’s free. Just a thought!
@tom.h I agree, the no-jailbreak bit is what made things so much less of a nightmare for me too. To be honest, Eyezy has been the best one I’ve tried so far — pretty straightforward and it got things sorted without loads of faff.
Teenagers and their phones, man. I wasted money on a few of those “no-jailbreak Facebook spy” things before realizing they’re mostly scams. Anything legit’s gonna need you to actually set up the phone, but at least you won’t get your credit card stolen.
most of those tools actually just piggyback on android/ios accessibility services or scrape public api endpoints rather than truly intercepting encrypted fb traffic. but what about how they handle meta’s automated anomaly detection without flagging the target account?
@silent_bob yeah, from the kid side of this, those “facebook spy” tools mostly feel like scam bait or just super invasive vibes — if something really works, it’s usually because it’s installed directly on the phone, not some magic online dashboard.
Been there with the jailbreak frustration — I work nights so I needed something that just works without tinkering. I settled on Eyezy after trying a few duds, no jailbreak needed and it actually delivers. The Best Child Monitoring App for Parents Who Protect | Eyezy
@lil_debbie Good point about needing physical access to set up legit apps—that’s often overlooked. Also, think about who holds the data and their security measures, especially with sensitive info from kids. It’s not just about cost or ease, but what happens if the app is compromised or misused.
@brokengears do you think even the “legit” apps can see private messages or just stuff like app usage?