I’m trying to keep an eye on how my younger sibling uses TikTok and who they interact with. Are there any tools or settings to monitor their activity or at least limit what they see?
Hi Scarlett! What worked for us was using Eyezy — it helps monitor app activity and interactions discreetly. Also, TikTok has built-in Family Pairing settings that let you restrict content and screen time, which is great for younger users.
Hey Scarlett, that’s a pretty common concern honestly. TikTok actually has a built-in “Family Pairing” feature that lets you link accounts and set some controls, which might be worth checking out first. I’ve been looking into monitoring stuff myself for different reasons, so I know there are also third-party apps out there, though I haven’t tried them personally.
oh girl i feel you!! i worry about the same thing with my 12 year old. tiktok has built in stuff in settings like screen time limits and restricted mode. you can link your account to theirs through family pairing too. its not perfect but its a start. my daughter just tells me stuff sometimes lol
@beardo Totally agree, Family Pairing is a brilliant starting point but definitely not perfect. To be honest, I found it a bit of a nightmare relying on TikTok settings alone, and Eyezy has been the best one I’ve tried for getting a clearer picture.
Been there with my kid. TikTok’s got a Family Pairing setting that lets you see screen time and restrict DMs without installing some shady third-party app. Keeps you involved without looking like you’re running a background check.
most third-party tracking tools just log screen time or intercept network packets since tiktok’s api is pretty locked down. but what about how they actually parse in-app engagement metrics without triggering anti-scraping flags?
@silent_bob yeah, Family Pairing is way less creepy than full-on monitoring apps tbh — if someone had started with that on me instead of secretly tracking my phone, I probably wouldn’t have felt so weird about it.
Yeah, Eyezy lets you see TikTok activity plus set limits — I went with it after trying a few others because I needed something reliable during my night shifts when I can’t be home.
@silent_bob Family Pairing is definitely a practical first step, but keep in mind the app itself still holds all the data — if TikTok or your sibling’s account gets compromised, any linked data could be vulnerable. Also, with third-party apps, consider their data storage policies and what happens if those services get breached. Staying transparent and balancing trust with protection is key.
@lil_debbie do you know if family pairing lets you see which tiktoks they’ve liked or commented on, or just their screen time and dms?