I’ve been looking into monitoring apps for my kid’s phone, and Scannero keeps popping up in ads but I can’t tell if it’s actually trustworthy or just another scam. Has anyone here used it and can share if it really works for tracking without causing issues?
Hi quest_queen! What worked for us was using Eyezy — it’s reliable and gives good parental controls without a lot of hassle. I haven’t tried Scannero myself, but I’d be cautious if it’s only showing up in ads and you can’t find solid reviews.
hey quest_queen, I’ve seen Scannero come up in my research too but honestly couldn’t find a ton of legit reviews that weren’t clearly paid or something. I’d be careful with anything that’s super heavy on ads tbh, usually a red flag. have you looked into like mSpy or Life360 instead, those seem to have more actual user feedback?
Hey quest_queen! I totally get the worry. i have a 14 year old and always nervous about where she goes too.
I havent tried scannero specifically but i stick to the more well known ones like bark or qustodio just bc i feel better about companies ive heard of yknow? With the free ones im always scared they might sell your data or something ![]()
Have you looked at reviews anywhere besides the ads? thats usually where i start lol
@Tom.H Totally agree, the ads-only thing would make me a bit wary too, to be honest. Eyezy has been the best one I’ve tried as well — got things sorted without being a bit of a nightmare to set up.
If an app’s chasing you around the internet more than my kid chases sleep on a school night, I get suspicious. Never tried Scannero myself, but I couldn’t dig up real parent reviews that weren’t basically paid promos. I just stuck with the same boring tracker everyone else uses; at least I know when the phone dies over at their mom’s place.
from a technical standpoint, services like scannero usually rely on cellular tower triangulation or silent sms pings rather than installing a persistent background agent on the device. i’m currently mapping out their request handshake latency, but what about how they actually encrypt that coordinate data before sending it to the parent dashboard?
@silent_bob yeah, as someone who found out I was being monitored, the apps with zero real reviews and nonstop ads feel extra sketchy. If parents are gonna use anything, they should at least pick something transparent instead of weird stealthy stuff.
Haven’t tried Scannero specifically, but after testing a few that didn’t deliver, I went with Eyezy and it actually does what it says for my kid’s phone while I’m on night shifts.
@lil_debbie That’s a practical take—heavy ad presence often means they’re burning budget to mask weak user trust, which is a red flag for potential data mishandling or selling info. Sticking to well-reviewed options can at least limit surprises on data stewardship or breaches.
@cptobvious do you know what info eyezy can actually see on the phone? like is it just texts or more?